Tried and true recipes from Wall Flower Studio!
Please feel free to use and share.
- Ingredients can be found in our brick-and-mortar shop, or shop online here at our Etsy store.
Honey Lavender Cookies
- 1/4 cup of our lavender sugar
- 1 heaping tbsp. of our honey
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 c.) at room temp. or slightly melted
- 1 1/2 tsp. of our lavender buds – roughly chopped. Don’t pulverize them.
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp. of our organic Vanilla extract
- 1 c. plus 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. our lavender salt
- Combine the sugar, honey, and butter. Mix them together really well. Add the lavender, egg yolk and vanilla. Mix everything together again—making sure it’s all combined.
- Add the flour and the salt to the wet ingredients. Stir everything together until it’s all combined. You don’t want to over-stir though. The dough will be sticky and a little wet.
- Dump the dough onto a piece of parchment paper. Form the dough into a log about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Freeze for about a half hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove dough from the freezer, slice, and bake at 350 F for 7 to 8 minutes. You’ll know they’re done when the sides start turning a little brown.
- These cookies are moderately soft, fragrant, and buttery. They’re fabulous!
Home made Iced Tea Pops
- Herbal, chai or green tea
- Stevia, fruit or maple syrup, honey, cane sugar or agave syrup to sweeten
- Lavender, mint, sage, berries, sliced fruit, edible herbs, or flowers such as borage.
- Brew a fresh pot of tea and sweeten to taste.
- Place in the fridge to cool.
- Freeze the tea in a freezer mold tray until it’s about half frozen.
- Add fresh berries, edible flowers or mint leaves. Stir it gently with a toothpick to distribute your additions evenly.
- Allow to completely freeze – Serve and enjoy!
- Alternatively, pour brewed herbal/fruit/chai tea in regular ice cube trays. Freeze & add to lemonade, ginger ale and other cold drinks!
Haliburton Highlands Honey Garlic & Mint Vinaigrette
Makes about 1-1/2 cups
1/4 cup our basil herbal vinegar
2 tablespoons of our Ginger Mint honey, warmed
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon of our Haliburton Highlands Garlic BBQ rub
1 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup finely sliced fresh mint leaves
1 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup finely sliced parsley
½ teaspoon of poppy seeds
Combine everything in a jar. Cover with a tight fitting lid and shake vigorously until well combined and creamy. Refrigerate up to a week.
Easy Herbal Vinaigrette
Blend all of the ingredients in a bowl and combine with a whisk. Alternatively, add ingredients in a mason jar.
Shake well! Keeps up to a week in the fridge.
- 1 1/4 cups olive oil
- 1 tbsp our herbal vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp our lavender sugar
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp chopped basil
- Sea salt and pepper to suit.
Side Car Cocktail – Serves 2
- 4 oz (120 ml) Cognac
- 2 oz (60 ml) Cointreau
- 1 1/2 oz (45 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 2 dashes of our lemon bitters
- lemon peel garnish
Shake the Cognac, Cointreau, lemon juice and bitters with ice in a shaker. Pour into your cocktail glasses. Garnish each glass with a sprig or two of lemon. Bottoms up!
Our interpretation of this classic cocktail from a favourite classic: “An Affair to Remember”
Serve in Champagne Flute glass. Ingredients:
- 2 dashes of our Floral Spice bitters
- 1 sugar cube
- chilled pink champagne
- 1 twist lemon peel
- Place one lump of sugar with a dash or two of bitters in the chilled champagne flute. Fill with chilled champagne. Add the twist of lemon peel and serve. Cheers!