“Like billowing clouds,
Like the incessant gurgle of the brook,
The longing of the spirit can never be stilled.”
– Hildegard von Bingen
“We still think of a powerful man as a born leader and a powerful woman as an anomaly.”
– Margaret Atwood
“Your sacred space is where you can find yourself over and over again.”
– Joseph Campbell
“I hope you will go out and let stories, that is life, happen to you, and that you will work with these stories… water them with your blood and tears and your laughter till they bloom, till you yourself burst into bloom.”
― Women Who Run With the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype
“You can count how many seeds there are in an apple .. but you cannot count how many apples there are in a seed.” – Unknown
Some Favourite Garden Related Quotes
* “Earth laughs in flowers.”
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
* “And the day came when the risk (it took) to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” ~ Anais Nin
* “I’d rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck”.
* “I will be the gladdest thing
Under the sun!
I will touch a hundred flowers
And not pick one.”
~Edna St. Vincent Millay
* “Flowers… are a proud assertion that a ray of beauty outvalues all the utilities of the world.”
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Perfumes are the feelings of flowers.”
* “When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other.” ~Chinese Proverb
* “Bread feeds the body, indeed, but flowers feed also the soul.”
* “I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers.”
~ Claude Monet
* “My green thumb came only as a result of the mistakes I made while learning to see things from the plant’s point of view.”
~H. Fred Dale
* “There can be no other occupation like gardening in which, if you were to creep up behind someone at their work, you would find them smiling.”
* “Don’t wear perfume in the garden – unless you want to be pollinated by bees.”
~ Anne Raver
* “Gardens are a form of autobiography.”
~ Sydney Eddison
* “You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt.”
* “The garden is the poor man’s apothecary.”
* “Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes.”
* “Despite the gardener’s best intentions, Nature will improvise.”
~ Michael P. Garafalo
* “In order to live off a garden, you practically have to live in it.”
~Frank McKinney Hubbard
* “I appreciate the misunderstanding I have had with Nature over my perennial border. I think it is a flower garden; she thinks it is a meadow lacking grass, and tries to correct the error.”
* Flowers leave some of their fragrance in the hand that bestows them.
– Chinese Proverb
* True friendship is like a rose: we don’t realize its beauty until it fades.
– Evelyn Loeb
* Happiness is to hold flowers in both hands.
* When words escape, flowers speak.
– Bruce W. Currie
*“In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model.
You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. That, in essence, is the higher service to which we are all being called.”
– Buckminster Fuller