Wall Flower Studio offers locally made, organic apothecary & culinary products, plus many other gifts from the garden!
Karen creates living art through her wall gardens, terrariums, succulent gardens, offers gift baskets, organic seeds, fairy gardens, air plants and more!
Karen feels that each space is influenced by her client’s needs and desires. Plant choice appropriate to location and the soil structure is also key. Karen balances this with an appreciation seasonal change, mature plant form, colour, site exposure and light.
Karen has experience sourcing and maintaining plant material. She is also well versed in living wreaths, topiary, terrariums and creating custom container gardens.
To view samples of her work, please visit: Flickr (or) Houzz
- Canadian Organic Growers
- Seeds of Diversity
- North America Native Plant Society
- Canadian Wildlife Federation
- Minden & District Horticultural Society
- Arts and Letters Club of Toronto (Past member)
- Haliburton Arts Council
Karen offers horticultural and art related workshops/presentations locally and regionally.
- “Easy Exotic Floral Design” Public Seminar – CNE (Exhibition Place) 2003
- “Container Gardening” – City of Toronto—Held at various public community centre’s. 2003
- “Using Native Plants in the Urban Garden” 2003
- “Creating a Pollinator Garden”2003
- “Succulents in the Rock Garden” 2002
- “Heirloom Plants: Saving and Reviving Lost Treasures” – 2004
- Making Seed Balls – Guerrila Gardening! 2009
- Heirloom Gardening; The Politics of Plants – 2010
- Dried flowers and herbs – Gifts from the Garden – Minden Horticulture Society 2011
- Coboconk Horticultural Society – Container Gardening – 2012
- Bobcaygeon Horticultural Society – Saving Heirloom seeds – 2012
- Haliburton – Terrarium workshop – Dovetail Interiors – 2013
- Garden Club of Toronto
- The Milne House Garden Club
- The Minden Horticultural Society
- The Toronto Botanical Garden
- The Norland Hort. Society
- The Canadian National Exhibition
- Various Toronto community centres
- The Bobcaygeon Horticultural Society
- Fenelon Falls Horticultural Society
- The Art Hive
- The Rails End Gallery
Karen’s Art – Paintings, murals and Papier-mache sculpture
Information offered on Wall Flower Studio‘s website is for educational purposes only.
Wall Flower Studio makes neither medical claim, nor intends to diagnose or treat medical conditions. Women who are pregnant or nursing, and persons with known medical conditions, should consult their licensed health care provider before taking any herbal product or dietary change.
Links to external sites are for informational purposes only. Wall Flower Studio neither endorses them nor is in any way responsible for their content. Readers must do their own research concerning the safety and usage of any products, advice, herbs, supplements or food. – Thank you!