Wall Flower Studio offers locally made, organic apothecary & culinary products, plus many other gifts from the garden!
Karen creates living art through her wall gardens, terrariums, succulent gardens, offers gift baskets, organic seeds, fairy gardens, air plants and more!
Karen feels that each space is influenced by her client’s needs and desires. Plant choice appropriate to location and the soil structure is also key. Karen balances this with an appreciation seasonal change, mature plant form, colour, site exposure and light.
Karen has experience sourcing and maintaining plant material. She is also well versed in living wreaths, topiary, terrariums and creating custom container gardens.
To view samples of her work, please visit: Flickr (or) Houzz
- Canadian Organic Growers
- Seeds of Diversity
- North America Native Plant Society
- Canadian Wildlife Federation
- Minden & District Horticultural Society
- Arts and Letters Club of Toronto (Past member)
- Haliburton Arts Council
Karen offers horticultural and art related workshops/presentations locally and regionally.
- “Easy Exotic Floral Design” Public Seminar – CNE (Exhibition Place) 2003
- “Container Gardening” – City of Toronto—Held at various public community centre’s. 2003
- “Using Native Plants in the Urban Garden” 2003
- “Creating a Pollinator Garden”2003
- “Succulents in the Rock Garden” 2002
- “Heirloom Plants: Saving and Reviving Lost Treasures” – 2004
- Making Seed Balls – Guerrila Gardening! 2009
- Heirloom Gardening; The Politics of Plants – 2010
- Dried flowers and herbs – Gifts from the Garden – Minden Horticulture Society 2011
- Coboconk Horticultural Society – Container Gardening – 2012
- Bobcaygeon Horticultural Society – Saving Heirloom seeds – 2012
- Haliburton – Terrarium workshop – Dovetail Interiors – 2013
- Garden Club of Toronto
- The Milne House Garden Club
- The Minden Horticultural Society
- The Toronto Botanical Garden
- The Norland Hort. Society
- The Canadian National Exhibition
- Various Toronto community centres
- The Bobcaygeon Horticultural Society
- Fenelon Falls Horticultural Society
- The Art Hive
- The Rails End Gallery
Karen’s Art – Paintings, murals and Papier-mache sculpture
All information, services, suggestions or advice given to you do in no way take the place of, or represent any type of medical, legal or financial advice given to you by any qualified professional. Karen Sloan and Wall Flower Studio does not accept responsibility for any actions made based on advice or information obtained or shared on this site.