Get the jump on that holiday shopping!
Make the most of the extended shopping hours offered this Thursday evening from 6 – 8 p.m. at many of the lovely shops in Minden, including Wall Flower Studio!
Browse at leisure from our delightful collection of locally made gifts.
We off unusual plants, culinary goodies, organic skin care + soap, gift baskets, pottery, jewellery, stocking stuffers, and more! For that hard-to-buy-for person, we offer gift certificates, too!
– A range of product that are guaranteed to include something for everyone!
Unable to visit our brick-and-mortar store?! Consider a visit to our Etsy shop online. We ship worldwide… AND, from now until Thursday at midnight, receive 20% off every item, (no minimum purchase required), with our sale code: CYBERSALE20
– I’d be delighted to send any purchase intended as gifts to the recipient for you! Simply leave me a note upon purchase with the correct address and your included message. I’ll wrap it in festive paper and include a note card!
Thank you, and Happy Holidays! ~ Karen
Wall Flower Studio is offering two distinctly different upcoming workshops!
- Kokedama moss ball workshop
Based on ancient Japanese art, the literal translation of Kokedama is ‘moss ball’.
Kokedama is essentially any plant wrapped in moss and doesn’t require a container. The moss is the container!
Once created, Kokedama can sit anywhere or be hung from string.
Perfect for small spaces, as a table decoration, on the a windowsill, or hanging above one, this living art will enliven any living/office space.
Join Karen on Sunday October 22 to make and take home your very own Kokedama!
All supplies provided! Fee: $30.00
2. Papier-mâché Animal Workshop
Interested in learning the art of Papier-mâché?
Join Karen for a fun-filled adventure & learn how to create your own 3D animal sculpture! (*There are 2 spots left)
It’s fun, messy, and it’s a 3 date class… One to build, one to cover with papier-mâché, and one to paint.
Dates: Sunday Oct. 29th + Sunday Nov. 5th + Sunday Nov. 12th. (2-4 p.m.)
Fee: $90.00 .. break it down to only 30 bucks per week. A great price for a fun class.
Come create, and don’t forget to bring along your inner child!
Please r.s.v.p. for either (or both) workshop(s) to: 705.286.6999 – sloanartgallery(at)gmail(dot)com (or) at Wall Flower Studio on Facebook.
Wall Flower Studio is located at 102 Bobcaygeon Rd. – Minden Ontario. (Directly across from the CIBC) – Please see map here on our website. Thank you!
Making your own Calendula infused oil is very easy to do!
Winter especially saps the moisture out of our skin. Creating an oil from the petals of Calendula officinalis, otherwise known as pot marigold, is the perfect strategy when you want to combat the drying effects of this harsh season. By following the steps below, you can have your very own batch of skin care in no time at all!
Here is what you’ll need:
- Dried, organic calendula flower petals
- A carrier oil (I prefer Safflower oil, but Olive oil or Sunflower oil work well, too.)
- A glass jar with lid. Make sure to clean it first!
Here is how to do it:
- Fill the jar about 2/3 full with the dried petals.
- Next, slowly poured the oil over the petals, making sure they’re all submerged
- Wait 4-6 weeks so all the goodness of the calendula is infused into the oil.
- Store the jar in a warm dry spot for the infusion to occur. Before you know it, you’ll have your very own homemade infused Calendula oil, too.
- Once the 4 weeks are up, strain the flowers out and there you have it… Your very own homemade Calendula oil.
- Use the soaked flower petals as a foot scrub before discarding. Mix a handful of the petals with a cup of sea salt and scrub away.
Calendula oil is great to use after a bath or shower. It seeps in without feeling overly oily, making skin feel very soft and supple.
Apply it topically where needed.
I use it as a key ingredient in my lip balms, salves and other bath products.
*For more information on Calendula visit the: University of Maryland Medical Center
Feel free to get creative. Have fun and enjoy!